When we last checked in with Ben Kweller, the singer-songwriter had recently released his fourth studio album, the country-tinged Changing Horses. The ATO recording artist, whose next album – Go Fly A Kite – is said to be a return to his pop-rock sound, has lined up a late fall club tour that includes three New York City-area performances in his former longtime adopted hometown – with a gig at Maxwell’s in Hoboken, NJ on November 17 and an early and late show at the recently opened Rock Shop in Brooklyn’s Park Slope on the 27th.
If you’re not into a night of Ben’s brand of indie-pop-rock then maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Bob Dylan hits the college circuit for a lengthy fall tour
- Surfer turned rocker Donovan Frankenreiter hits the road
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor schedule a string of 2011 dates
- UK trip-hop pioneer Tricky heads across the pond
- Psych-pop act the Dandy Warhols schedule a 23-date trek
- Viral music video enthusiasts OK Go line up a cross-country run
Finally, while it’s been four years since DJ Shadow released his last studio album, Outsider, the influential turntablist has recently released a new digital 12″-single in advance of the his new album – which is due out next year. The Bay Area-based DJ has recently announced that he will hit the road for an 18-date North American tour dubbed Live From The Shadowsphere that will kick off on October 25 at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver, BC and includes a hometown at the Cow Palace in San Francisco on the 29.