Two major summer music festivals have announced lineup additions today. HT faves Yonder Mountain String Band, Lettuce and Toubab Krewe are among the additions to the All Good Music Festival lineup. Meanwhile, Grizzly Bear and Wolfgang Gartner have been added to the Hangout Music Fest. All Good takes place at Ohio’s Legend Valley July 18 – 21, while Hangout Music Fest is set for the beaches of Gulf Shores, Alabama on May 17th – 19th.
Here’s six more stories of note as we start the week…
- Primus and Gov’t Mule are teaming up for a show in Charlottesville
- You can listen to the collab between Brittany Howard & Ruby Amanfu
- Phoenix will be the Saturday Night Live musical guest on April 6th
- Green Day returned to the road following Billie Joe’s stint in rehab
- Interview: Pitchfork chats with Matthew Houck aka Phosphorescent
- HitFix reports that Prince will play a special show at SXSW on Saturday
Finally, a special one-time-only concert is taking place in New York City on Wednesday night at The Cutting Room featuring members of The Radiators, Lettuce, Johnny Sketch & The Dirty Notes and more. A group dubbed “Fishhead Stew” brings together Dave Malone (The Radiators), Camile Baudoin (The Radiators), Adam Deitch (Lettuce/Break Science), Dave Pomerlau (Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes), and Mark Rechler (OUTHOUSE, Icons of Funk, Circus Mind) for what looks to be a killer night of music. Tickets for the debut (and possibly only) performance from Fishhead Stew are available here.