While this summer is overloaded with music festivals, there is one festival to promises bands that you won’t be seeing at the rest – since most of the acts playing it peaked sometime in the mid-80s. Earlier this week the initial line-up for the second installment of Rocklahoma was revealed boasting the likes of Warrant, L.A. Guns, Cinderella, Night Ranger and more.
The fest will take place from July 10-13 in Pryor, OK with organizers promising a few more “major” acts to be added in the next few days. I’m envisioning four days of something akin to the ’80s cult classic Heavy Metal Parking Lot…
If you don’t feel like growing an ironic mullet and busting out your old acid wash jeans, then maybe one of these newly announced tours will be for you…
- On the heels of his three night stand at MSG, Slowhand adds a slew of early summer dates (begins: 05/03)
- Jack Johnson is playing more then just large scale music festivals this summer (begins: 04/19)
- Pop-jammers O.A.R. hit college campuses (begins: 04/09)
- Ambulance, LTD. make their triumphant return playing live (begins: 04/02)
- One for the classic rock fans as ZZ Top hits the road (begins: 04/18)
- Pop collective I’m From Barcelona begin to line up summer dates (begins: 04/24)
- Phil Lesh returns to The Fillmore on May 8 and 9 (begins: 05/08)
Finally, two sizzling stars of the jam scene the Benevento/Russo Duo and Grace Potter & The Nocturnals will join forces to head out on a ten date “Spring Break” tour, that I’m sure will lead to some interesting collaborations – though none of which will be a wet t-shirt contest.