I don’t know about you guys, but I’m really glad that SXSW is finally underway since I’m pretty sick of reading the scores and scores of previews that every music blog except this one has been posting (maybe next year Papa Glide will send us so we can get in on the act – hint, hint).
If you are going to be in Austin though enjoying tasty BBQ, cold beer and more music then you could fit on one of those new fangled 160 gig iPods then who better to turn to then Pitchfork for some advice. The arbiters of indie-cool have put together their guide for the ’08 fest that tells you which showcases and panels you need to be at.
- See what happens when the Indiest Kid goes to the PLUG Awards
- Cover Lay Down dissects Celtic Punk just in time for St. Paddy’s Day
- Forget garlic grilled cheese, Deadhead chef Josh Eden creates a gourmet dish as tribute to the band
- You Ain’t No Picasso has a boatload load of covers performed by My Morning Jacket
- Get ready for the next big reality show phenomenon Rockstar Curling
- Bjork’s pro-Tibet outburst angers the Chinese government
Finally with Spring Training under way and we all gear up for our Fantasy Baseball drafts who better to turn to than former Pavement front man Stephan Malkmus for advice. The current Jicks band leader – who won his league last year – recommends drafting plenty of Milwaukee Brewers.