On August 4, 1958, Billboard Magazine revolutionized the music industry by publishing their first list tracking radio plays and sales of songs called the Hot 100. To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Hot 100, Billboard plans to run a special feature about the chart each week on their website. For instance this week the magazine takes a chronological look at the Hot 100’s top song each year since 1958.
Some of these videos included in this week’s feature are absolute gold!
- Billboard recaps last night’s spectacularly boring VMA awards
- Jimmy Kimmel welcomed Black Kids to perform on Friday night
- Heart just says no to McCain/Palin’s use of 1977’s Barracuda
- Thrasher’s Wheat predicts what show Neil Young will release next
- Keller Williams enjoys the WMDs but prefers to perform solo
- List Time: Out.Com lists the 100 Greatest, Gayest albums ever
Before we leave you, check out this fantastic photo of Notre Dame hero/Cubs reliever Jeff Samardzija shaking hands with alt-country legend Jeff Tweedy of Wilco taken before the game at Chicago’s Wrigley Field on August 3:
[Photo by Jeremy Herrig]