On November 24, legendary auction house Christie’s will be hosting an event that will feature memorabilia from a number of the influential punk, new wave and glam rock acts including Television, David Bowie, The Clash, Sex Pistols and The Ramones. The auction includes more than 120 records, photos and promotional pieces including a scrawled flyer for one of The Clash’s first shows and publicity photos signed by the Sex Pistols. The full lot is currently online.
- List Time: 12 Late Night Thoughts About CMJ
- SIHF starts getting us excited for festie season ’09
- How about some “spooky” songs to spin on Halloween
- Hippies Are Dead offers up A Pavement Primer
- Weird Cover Alert: Built To Spill covers M.I.A’s Paper Planes
- Ryan Adams played a stealth late afternoon concert
Finally, for all you vinyl enthusiasts out there former BtN artist Nada Surf will release all five of its studio albums on vinyl for the first time via a limited edition box set. The set will also include the band’s first 7″ single, a full-color 24-page lyric and photo book, and download codes to MP3s of rare and out-of-print b-sides and bonus tracks, as well as to all the albums.
there’s nothing listed for auction at the christie’s link