For the first time in their long and storied careers two of New Orleans most recognizable acts – Dr. John and The Neville Brothers – will head out together for a US tour. The two acts will hit road starting on January 31 of next year for a cross-country run that brings their brand of Crescent City funk and soul to a mix of clubs and theaters, that will surely lend itself to some collaborations throughout the run. At least we hope so.
If some good ‘ol New Orleans flavored music isn’t for you, than maybe one of these recently announced tours will be…
- Apollo Sunshine & Dead Confederate team up for a November run (begins: 11/08)
- Comedy troupe Stella line up a brief seven city run (begins: 11/30)
- Tom Morello goes out solo for a month long trek (begins: 11/04)
- MerleFest reveals the lineup for its 22nd installment (from: 04/23-26/09)
- Psychedelic-Americana act O’Death head cross-country (begins: 11/04)
- Hip hop collective Wu Tang Clan hit the road for a lengthy US tour (begins: 11/29)
Finally, last week we brought you news on Matisyahu’s Festival Of Lights shows, this time around we’ve got one for all you Christmas celebrating folks out there. For the third year in a row singer-songwriter Aimee Mann will hit the road for a twelve-date holiday tour in support of the re-release of her Christmas themed album One More Drifter In The Snow. Mann has recruited Patton Oswalt, Nellie McKay and Grant-Lee Phillips to fill out the bill.