While mega-coffee chain Starbucks expects to make layoffs and close a number of stores this year, they still seem to knock it out of the park with their custom-made compilation albums. Their latest mix, Sweetheart: Our Favorite Artists Sing Their Favorite Love Song, hits stores tomorrow.
The fourteen track disc features the likes of She & Him, Death Cab For Cutie, Rogue Wave, A.C. Newman, Ben Bridwell (of Band Of Horses), DeVotchKa and more tackling songs from the likes of Screamin’ Jay Hawkins, The Cure, a-ha, George Harrison and The Flying Burrito Brothers.
- List Time: Top Ten Sleepiest Albums
- Saturday’s Silver Jews show will likely be the band’s last
- Cover Alert: Bon Iver tackles Feist
- Pepsi ad featuring Zimmy & Will.I.Am to air during the Super Bowl?
- The Hold Steady to play Rachel Ray’s SXSW party
- Bonus Cover: ScarJo tackles Jeff Buckley
Finally, between their best selling new album – Black Ice – and current extended world tour, the last few months have been big for AC/DC. Next up for the legendary Aussie-rockers will be a special performance on April 5 in Houston, TX at Wrestlemania XXV where the band will be performing the event’s theme song, along with another tune from their catalog.
Nice to see that Starbucks us still in the music business. Have you seen their lines lately? It’s a ghost town.