With the Inauguration a week away a veritable who’s who of the music industry will descend upon our nation’s capital to help celebrate the swearing in of our 44th president Barack Obama. As part of the variety of planned events a free concert is set to take place this Sunday at the Lincoln Memorial that features the likes of Bruce Springsteen, Bono, Stevie Wonder, Herbie Hancock and more – with HBO set to televise the star-studded concert and make it available to everyone, even if you’re not a subscriber.
If you can’t make it down to the District this weekend, than maybe you’ll be able to make it out to one of these recently announced tours…
- Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin lines up a short Midwest run (begins: 01/24)
- Heartless Bastards have a mix headlining and supporting shows (begins: 01/30)
- Indie-folk duo Human Highway put together their first ever tour (begins: 03/11)
- Derek Trucks takes his self-named band on the road (begins: 02/06)
- G. Love & Special Sauce head South and West this winter (begins: 02/12)
- …And You Will Know Us, By The Trail Of Dead line up a nine date jaunt (begins: 02/19)
Finally, indie-jam pianist Marco Benevento will take up residency out West for a series of shows up and down the coast. Benvento will anchor the nine date run by holding court at Yoshi’s in Oakland for four shows where he will be joined by a rotating cast of musicians that will include Reed Mathis, Billy Martin, Calvin Weston, Skerik and more. For the final show of the run Marco has put together a special band he’s dubbed Quartet The Killer who will tackle the the Neil Young songbook. Sounds sick to us.