The ever adorable Jenny Lewis will once again hit the road for a lengthy solo tour that finds the former child actor and Rilo Kiley front woman hitting a mix of festivals and clubs across the country. Joining Ms. Lewis throughout the run will be The Sadies, Deer Tick and Heartless Bastards whom will all open various legs of the tour. In addition to the tour, a documentary called Welcome to Van Nuys will be released that chronicles the making of her sophomore solo record Acid Tongue – which will feature live tracking of several songs as well as behind-the-scenes, candid footage from the recording at Sound City Studio in Van Nuys, CA. Quite a busy lady.
If you’re not into the solo work of Jenny Lewis, than maybe you’ll be into hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Black Star reunites for two shows at New York’s Nokia Theater
- Meat Puppets head out in support of their latest release
- Indie-pop act Camera Obscura schedule dates here and abroad
- Hipster Tour Alert: The Virgins and Lissy Truille team up
- Santigold trades in the O for an I in her name for her upcoming run
- JFJO line up a nineteen date Spring run
Finally, after taking a break from touring for awhile The Shins will be making their return to the road this May for a short 14 date cross-country run. Speaking of The Shins, in other news the band has decided to part ways with long time label Sub Pop and will put out their fourth studio album on front man James Mercer’s label Aural Apothecary – opting to own their own masters and seek wide distribution through a label.