In these uncertain economic times, even musicians are looking to account for every penny that is owed to them. The members of Pink Floyd have filed a suit against their label, EMI, and its private equity firm owners, Terra Firma, claiming that the label has miscalculated their royalty payments.
- List Time: 10 Best Leonard Cohen Covers
- Santigold and Tori Amos guest on David Byrne’s new album
- Cover Alert: Franz Ferdinand tackle Britney Spears
- Smithsonian Folkways Recording releases Pete Seeger box set
- Who Shot Rock exhibit to open at the Brooklyn Museum
- Williamsburg Waterfront will host shows in place of McCarren Pool
Finally, for those of you that have seen HT faves The Felice Brothers over the last few months, you may have noticed the absence of Simon Felice from his usual spot behind the drum kit. Despite his surprise appearance at the band’s show last Friday night at Webster Hall, the drummer/vocalist/novelist has decided to take a break from the band to concentrate on his solo project The Duke & King. Simon, through a heartfelt open letter, revealed the rather sad circumstances behind his decision to leave The Felice Brothers and background on the material for his new band. The Duke & The King will make their New York City debut at Brooklyn’s Union Hall on May 20.