Over the last few years the Virgin Mobile Festival has established itself as one of the premiere East Coast festivals, bringing both big name arena acts and more indie-oriented bands to the Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, MD. This year the fest, which had been a multi-day affair, is scaling back and changing venues. The fest will now be a free one day concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion on August 30, featuring the likes of Weezer, The National, The Hold Steady, Girl Talk, St. Vincent and more.
If you’re not into the one day fest’s line-up, than maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- The Dodos will head cross-country this fall
- Elizabeth & The Catapult keep busy through July
- Kid Rock and Lynyrd Skynyrd team up for a shed tour
- Psych-rockers Woods mix headlining and support dates
- Gregg Allman Band lines up handful of summer shows
- Bela Fleck, Zakir Hussain & Edgar Meyer will head out together
Finally, emo-pioneers Sunny Day Real Estate have announced a string of reunion shows. The band, whose debut album Diary is revered among some, will embark on a 21 date tour that kicks off on September 17 in Vancouver and will hit larger-scale rock clubs around the country.