In our continuing effort to keep tabs on the coming and goings of past Blips artists, we’re pleased to see Boston electro-rockers Passion Pit – who are currently in the midst of lengthy world tour – will be graduating from the club circuit with their first scheduled dates for 2010. When the band returns stateside, they will play their highest profile headlining show to date at NYC’s cavernous airplane hanger of a venue, Terminal 5, on January 8. They will be joined by The Rural Alberta Advantage – who we reviewed last week.
If your not into a night with this up and coming band, than maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Freak-folkster Devendra Banhart puts together a November run
- Singer-songwriter AA Bondy heads out on a lengthy world tour
- Surprise Me Mr. Davis picks up a handful of new dates
- Snoop, Red Man, Method Man & Devin The Dude to tour together
- Tegan & Sara schedule dates both here and abroad
- ’90s jam-act Rusted Root hits the road for a Fall run
Finally, as we head into the tail end of 2009 it’s never too early to start looking forward to next year – especially when it comes to planning a trip to your favorite music festival. Late last week, the organizers behind Coachella announced that the indie-approved festival would be taking place from April 16-18, 2010 at their traditional home in Indio at the Empire Polo Grounds.