As part of their ongoing 20th anniversary celebration the creators of The Simpsons are giving their fans an opportunity to appear on the long-running hit series with a design-a-character contest, with the winner to appear on the January 31 episode – which will also feature Coldplay’s Chris Martin. All you need to do to enter is fill out this form with everything from your character’s name to catch phrase to distinguishing features. The contest ends on October 24 – so start thinking and enter before the deadline.
- List Time: 25 Must Hear Acts At CMJ
- Brian Wilson to complete unfinished George Gershwin songs
- Cover Alert: Brendan Benson tackles Superdrag
- Flaming Lips to cover Dark Side Of The Moon for their next release
- JamBase celebrates the 20th anniversary of Leftover Salmon
- Sex Pistols suing over God Save The Cream advertising campaign
Finally, it looks like the music and story of hip-hop pioneers Run-DMC may be headed to the Great White Way sometime next year. The two surviving members of group have been checking out several Broadway musicals with producer Paula Wagner who approached the duo about the project.