In our never ending quest to keep you up to date on the latest and greatest festival news comes the announcement of the initial lineup for Warren Haynes’ Mountain Jam. Now in its sixth year, the jam and roots-rock friendly fest will feature the likes of The Avett Brothers, DSO, YMSB, Matisyahu, ALO Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi and as always the event will be anchored by two headlining appearances from Gov’t Mule.
Mountain Jam will once again return to Hunter Mountain in upstate New York and is set to take place from June 4 – 6, with a limited number of early bird tickets to be made available starting Monday at 10 AM.
- List Time: Top 10 Songs From The Simpsons
- Okkervil River back ’60s psych-rock Roky Erickson on new album
- Cover Alert: Death Cab For Cutie tackle Simple Minds
- Brownie divulges the origin of the Disco Biscuits name to Spin
- Damian Rice comes clean about his relationship with Lisa Hannigan
- The New Pornographers to release their fifth album this May
Finally, after five years of being in the “world’s best bar band,” Franz Nicolay has decided to leave The Hold Steady to head out on his own. The mustachioed keys & accordion player, who told his band mates in September about his plans, will release a story collection next month and currently has a new digital EP out called St. Sebastian of the Short Stage.