As we previously reported, the ever busy Jack White has teamed up with Wanda Jackson to produce the Queen Of Rockabilly’s latest release. The album, which will hit stores later this year via White’s Third Man Records, will feature Jackson backed by White and a number of his Raconteurs and Dead Weather band mates. As a taste of what’s to come, a double A-side single was released earlier this week that features covers of Amy Winehouse’s You Know I’m No Good and a take on the old rock ‘n roll song Shakin’ All Over. Both are currently available on a 7” or digitally via iTunes.
- List Time: 10 Best Whistling Parts In Songs
- Widespread Panic are currently working on a new studio album
- Cover Alert: Brendan Bensen & Corey Chisel tackle Tom Petty
- Captains Dead kicks down a killer Van Morrison show from 1970
- Wilco offers up two concert downloads to benefit Haiti
- Les Claypool is producing his own line of wines via Claypool Cellars
Finally, it seems rather hard to believe considering his long and storied career, but Bob Dylan will perform at the White House for his very first time as part of the In Performance at the White House: A Celebration of Music from the Civil Rights Movement concert. Among the other performers joining Mr. Zimmerman and the event’s host the President and the First Lady in the White House’s East Room will be John Mellencamp, Smokey Robinson and the Blind Boys Of Alabama with the results airing on PBS on February 11.