On August 24 !!! – pronounced Chk Chk Chk for those who want to Google them – will release their fourth studio album and first in three years, Strange Weather Isn’t It, via Warp Records. The dance-rock act, who had previously announced a headlining set at the August 15 Pool Party at the Williamsburg Waterfront, has revealed the North American leg of their lengthy world tour which will kick off on September 4 in Los Angeles with an appearance at the FYF Festival and will run through the end of November.
If you’re not into a night with post-dance-rockers, than maybe you’ll be interest in one of these recently announced tours…
- Michael Franti & Spearhead put together a massive fall tour
- Justin Townes Earle to head out in support on his new album
- Margot & The Nuclear So & So’s hit the road this September
- Kruder & Dorfmeister announce a handful of rare US club gigs
- Sigur Ros front man Jónsi lines up a lengthy North American run
- Hip hop act Atmosphere hit cities in the Midwest and West coast
Finally, on September 14 former Blips selection J. Tillman will release his seventh studio album, Singing Ax. The album, produced by Steve Albini, is said to have a very sparse sound with “lyrics [which] are predominately third-person narratives, save for a few stock-in-trade existential musings, such as the title track.” Tillman, who still holds down the drumming duties for the Fleet Foxes, will head out for a 13-date solo run with alt.country act Phosphorescent in tow starting tonight at the Troubadour in Los Angeles.