If you find yourself in or around Oklahoma City, OK on Saturday, October 23rd and you’re looking for something to do, you might want to consider taking part in the Night Of 1,000 Flaming Skeletons parade, which for the fourth year in a row is being hosted by local hometown heroes The Flaming Lips. In order to take part in the festivities you must be 18 years of age and you’ll have to purchase an exclusive skeleton costume pack through the psych-rock band’s website. For more details on how to join in on the fun check out the official guidelines.
- List Time: 10 TV Theme Songs That Became Hits
- Belle & Sebastian want to open a taquiera in Glasgow
- Cover Alert: Surfer Blood tackle Pavement
- Al Pacino to play record producer Phil Spector in an HBO movie
- Download This: Andrew Bird’s 7 minute instrumental Hot Math
- Parenthood soundtrack features Wilco, Dylan, Avetts and more
Finally, earlier this year Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers released their first album together since 2002 with the highly enjoyable Mojo. For the band’s next release they will look to the past, as on November 9 they will reissue their breakthrough album Damn The Torpedoes as a double disc deluxe edition. Released in 1979, the record peaked at number two on the Billboard charts thanks to songs like Refugee, Here Comes My Girl and Don’t Do Me Like That. The repackaged version of the album has been digitally remastered and features a nine track bonus disc.