While we’ve been busy keeping you abreast of all the East Coast music fests, we haven’t forgot about our Left Coast readers as news came down earlier this week that Outside Lands would be returning once again to San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park. Now in its fourth year, the festie is eschewing the two-day format it adopted last year to return to a full three days of music, food, wine and art, running from August 12-14. A limited number of 3-Day Eager Beaver tickets will go on-sale on Friday, March 11th at 12PM PST for $149.50, with the line up to be revealed in the coming weeks.
- List Time: 11 Notable 21st Century Supergroups
- Peter Buck tells Spinner why R.E.M. won’t tour behind new album
- Cover Alert: The Watson Twins tackle The Turtles
- We recommend that you follow the Indie Hulk on Twitter
- Download This: Robin Pecknold (Fleet Foxes) Free 3 Song EP
- NYT scribe David Carr profiles folk-rockers The Low Anthem
Finally, for the first time since 1991’s Flight Of The Cosmic Hippo, the original lineup of Bela Fleck & The Flecktones have reunited to record an album. Out on May 17, the band’s eleventh studio effort – Rocket Science – will feature Fleck (banjo), Victor Wooten (bass), Roy “Futureman” Wooten (percussionist) and for the first time in 20 years Howard Levy (piano/harmonica), and will be the first album of new non-holiday material from the bluegrass-jazz-fusion act since 2006’s Hidden Land.