Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock for the last six months, there is a good chance that you’ve heard Somebody That I Used to Know, the ubiquitous breakout single from Gotye. Since first posting the video to YouTube roughly a year ago it’s been viewed a staggering 240-million-plus times, helping to earn the Australian singer-songwriter a spot on SNL and propelling him to stardom.
After touring the U.S. earlier this year, Gotye has revealed a new round of dates that will see him playing some impressively large venues, for an artist that most probably are only vaguely familiar with. The shed heavy tour kicks off with a gig at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on August 22, and includes a two-night stand in New York City, with show a piece at Radio City Music Hall and Williamsburg Park on September 25 and 26 respectively.
If you’re not into a night with Gotye’s brand of world music, then maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- The Walkmen: Fall World Tour (9/12 – 10/19)
- Citzen Cope: World Tour (6/24 – 11/23)
- Kansas: Fall Tour (9/13 – 10/19)
- Social Distortion: Fall Tour (10/11 – 11/16)
- Fitz & The Tantrums: Summer Tour (6/5 – 9/23)
- Polica: North American Tour (8/3 – 10/14)
It’s “SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW”