We’ve finally reached the point of no return. That’s right, we’ve completely run out of jokes about the obscene amount of festival lineups that have been announced recently. So let’s just say that Beck, The Raconteurs, Foo Fighters, David Byrne and Plant/Krauss will headline this year’s Austin City Limits festival on September 26-28 at Zilker Park. Be sure to check out the full lineup of 130 bands to see if your favorite act made the bill.
It’s Wednesday, so that means you’re due for another batch of links:
- Phil Lesh played a special gig at a NASA research facility
- Denton’d: Gawker sells Idolator to music site Buzznet
- Find out why Radiohead hasn’t been playing Detroit lately
- Check out the trailer for the documentary I Need That Record!
- Wilco unveils another set of tour dates, including a stop in BK
- Peter Gabriel offers a preview of his new company: The Filter
- The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra plans to play some Grateful Dead
- Burlington’s Higher Ground celebrates its 10th Anniversary
- RD finds out what woods are used for making guitar bodies
Finally, original Jane’s Addiction bassist Eric Avery hasn’t participated in any of the band’s reunions since they first broke up in 1991. But Avery will rejoin his old mates when the band gets back together for a special one-off performance at the NME Awards, where they will receive the Godlike Genius Award on April 23.