After Monday night’s seemingly successful Dead reunion, rhythm guitarist Bob Weir and bassist Phil Lesh are teaming up for a New Year’s Eve concert at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. While we’re sure there will be plenty of sit-ins, the concert’s billed as RatDog and Phil Lesh & Friends with Jackie Greene opening. Tickets for this show, as well as a second concert on New Year’s Eve Eve, are available starting Thursday via GDTSTOO and Music Today. The public Ticketmaster onsale takes place on 11/2.
We’ll help you get over the hump by sharing some linkage…
- Don’t send former Beatle Ringo Starr any more fan mail
- Check out the CMJ 2008 Music Marathon full schedule
- My Morning Jacket has rescheduled their Chicago dates
- Boing Boing uncovers a rare Lester Bangs audio interview
- Eddie Vedder wrote the foreward for a Pete Townshend bio
- WSP’s JoJo Hermann rapped about his love for the ol’ USA
We feel really bad for the judges of the 2008 Jamtopia Concert Photo Contest who had to pick the best image from hundreds of breathtaking photographs. I tried to pick my favorites, but I couldn’t really narrow the entries down. But Jamtopia’s judges did what they needed to do and have selected a winner. Check out the 12 Best Concert Photos of 2008 as a preview of the final decision which comes down on November 1.