While Neil Young didn’t sit-in with Wilco or vice-versa on Saturday night in Halifax the tour still seems to have gotten off to a terrific start. Wilco played for 50 minutes during which time vocalist/guitarist Jeff Tweedy forgot the words to California Stars telling the crowd “I’m just so excited to be here, I forgot the words,” adding “I got ’em the second time around though.”
Meanwhile, Neil Young stocked his headlining set full of his hardest hitting greatest hits including Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Cortez The Killer and Cinnamon Girl. The tour continues tonight in Montreal.
- Axl Rose accuses Dr. Pepper of not living up to their promises
- Rock band the Jesus Lizard to reunite after a decade apart
- Idolator looks at the use of the Wah-Wah in TV Theme Songs
- Terrorist attacks lead to the cancellation of Live Earth India
- Bob Lefsetz feels normal folks can’t afford concert tickets now
- As always, Uncle Neddy lists the NYC-area shows of the week
- Need a gift idea for a music lover? Check out Jamtopia’s Gift Guide
Finally, Kentucky rockers My Morning Jacket follows in the footsteps of other bands by asking fans to dress up for their New Year’s Eve concert at New York City’s Madison Square Garden. If you’re attending the show, will you dress up? Let us know by leaving a comment below…
I have GA pit tickets and will be visiting the vintage clothing shop down the street to pick up the proper attire. I have been looking forward to this show for the last 6 months and can not wait!