A few weeks back, we dropped the gossipy news that singer-songwriter-blogger-novelist Ryan Adams had popped the question to former teeny-bopper pop star turned actress Mandy Moore. The odd couple didn’t wait long to getting hitched, as they secretly wed in Savannah, GA on Tuesday. Ry-ry, who has claimed that his current tour with the Cardinals is his last, was back on the road last night and is rumored to be working on a new album called Dear Impossible. The Cardinals tour runs through March 20.
- List Time: 9 Songs About Comic Book Characters
- NYC Taper kicks down Blitzen Trapper’s MHoW show
- Cover Alert: Beach House tackles Queen
- Soundtrack Saturday features the music of Breakin’
- Devo to release their first new album in 19 years
- Liverpool University will offer a Master Degree on The Beatles
Finally, we wanted to give a big shout out to our favorite alt.country chanteuse – Neko Case – whose new album Middle Cyclone debuted at number three on the Billboard Top 200 selling 44,000 copies last week. Thanks, I’m sure, to placement in front of registers at mega-coffee chain Starbucks, where I picked up my copy. Case kicks off her Spring tour on March 31 – which includes a two-night run at New York’s Nokia Theater as well as an appearance at this year’s Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.