Over the past few weeks, we’ve been pointing you in the direction of a fantastic new website called Epicurean Musician that features interviews with musicians about every aspect of food. Chicago-bred mando wiz Jeff Austin of Yonder Mountain String Band spoke with EM for the site’s latest post and discusses his worst meal ever, his favorite restaurants, his thoughts on Food Network programming and much, much more.
EM has hit on a really cool concept, so be sure to keep your eyes on the site.
Before we take off, here’s six more stories of note…
- Animal Collective & Danny Perez took over the Guggenheim
- Mike Greenhaus interviews The New Deal’s Darren Shearer
- Panic, Traveler and Alison Krauss headline the Beale St. Fest
- Rodrigo y Gabriela Brave Injury, Swelling to Perform
- A few Simon and Garfunkel dates have been announced
- The Allmans will perform on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon
Finally, we’re only one week away from the Harvest of Hope Festival at St. John’s County Fairgrounds in St. Augustine, FL on March 12-14. Dr. Dog, Rogue Wave, Portugal: The Man, Broken Social Scene and Billy Bragg are all on the eclectic bill. Proceeds from this festival will be donated to The Harvest of Hope Foundation – a non-profit organization that provides financial, educational and service oriented aid to migrant farm workers all over the country. As of last month, The Harvest of Hope Foundation has distributed over $790,000 to migrant and seasonal farmworkers and their families