Earlier today we found out that TBS has signed Conan O’Brien for a deal that gives our second favorite ginger an 11PM show on the basic cable station. While this NY Times article reveals how the deal went down, we’ve got a question about the show’s house band. Will Max Weinberg join Conan on TBS or sell his soul to Jay Leno? If not, we’re sure Jimmy Vivino is up for it.
Speaking of Jimmy, we were really hoping Conan’s next show would be based in NYC – so that we can get Vivino back in the Big Apple – but alas the Times’ article mentions O’Brien will continue to produce his show in L.A.
Before we go out and enjoy the weather, here’s a quick link dump…
- Phish leaves its mark on Coachella and Stagecoach
- Show Review: Barr Brothers & The Low Anthem
- Oral historian Nicholas Meriwether has been chosen as the first UCSC Grateful Dead Archive archivist. We’re jealous!
- Jack Bruce says that Cream won’t reunite again
- Pitchfork talks to Matt Stone about South Park
- What happened to P-Funk’s Mothership? [via TDS]
Finally, Santana has tapped legendary rocker Steve Winwood to open an extensive summer tour that kicks off on June 30. Santana generally invites his opening acts to sit in, so we can only imagine the possibilities of Stevie and Carlos tearing up a Black Magic Woman or a Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys. The Santana Fan Club presale starts tomorrow at santanafanclub.com.