Over the last few years Rilo Kiley has taken a backseat to front woman Jenny Lewis’ solo career. The ever adorable Lewis, who has put out two records on her own, has unveiled the details of her latest side-project dubbed Johnny & Jenny – which is a collaboration with her longtime boyfriend singer-songwriter Jonathan Rice. The duo, who will release their debut later this year, will hit the road in September for a month-long tour that includes two high profile dates opening for ’90s alt.rock act Pavement.
If you’re not into a night with the indie-rock sweethearts, than maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Tom Tom Club to head out in support of their new album
- Former GnR guitarist Slash adds a US leg to his world tour
- Literate-punk rockers Titus Andronicus stay busy in the fall
- Bob Dylan announces his first US dates of 2010
- Porcupine Tree and Coheed & Cambria head out together
- UK act The xx cross the pond to hit the theater circuit
Finally, last month Those Darlins were forced to cancel their Australian tour when Nikki Darlin, who happens to be married to John McCauley of Deer Tick, broke two bones in her left arm while running through a field. With Nikki on the road to recovery, the country-punk band, who put on a raucous live show, have announced the details for their fall tour which will kick off on September 8 at the Bottletree in Birmingham, AL.