Back in July Grateful Dead / Furthur guitarist Bob Weir delayed his first-ever acoustic tour due to what he called “unforeseen circumstances.” We hadn’t heard much about when those shows, originally scheduled for the first week of August, would take place until today. Bobby has just announced that he will hit the road starting April 24 in Knoxville, Tenn. and running through a May 1 date in Portland, Maine.
In between the Knoxville and Portland dates, Weir will visit Charlottesville, Virginia (April 26), Wilkes-Barre, Penn. (April 27), Westbury, New York (April 28) and Pittsfield, Mass. (April 29). Each of the shows were originally scheduled to take place in August with the exception of the Wilkes-Barre gig. If you still hold tickets to the previously scheduled shows and can attend the new dates, they’ll be good for the upcoming tour. If you can’t make it to the rescheduled shows, refunds are available through New Year’s Eve at the original place of purchase.
Here’s the full list of dates and ticketing details:
- April 24: Knoxville Theater – Knoxville, TN (Tix On Sale 12/2)
- April 26: Jefferson Theatre – Charlottesville, VA (Tix On Sale 12/4)
- April 27: F.M. Kirby Center – Wilkes-Barre, PA (Tix On Sale 12/9)
- April 28: Westbury Music Fair – Westbury, NY (Tix On Sale Now)
- April 29: Colonial Theatre – Pittsfield, MA (Tix Available Here Soon)
- May 1: State Theatre – Portland, ME (Tix On Sale 12/2)