Ween has added a bunch of June tour dates to their schedule — the dates start in Hartford on June 8th and run until the band’s appearance at Bonnaroo. I was surprised not to see any NYC area dates, until I was shown this link which indicates that Ween will be playing in Asbury Park as part of the Paul Green School of Rock festival. Other bands that appear to be amongst the acts playing the festival include the Adrian Belew Trio, Joan Jett and the Benevento Russo Duo.
- Slash hints at a Guns ‘N Roses reunion
- Who stole David Byrne’s bike?
- Genesis has added more dates to their Turn It On Again tour
- B.B. King, Etta James, and Al Green are combining forces for the B.B. King Blues Festival
- An online catalogue of Grateful Dead equipment from the estate of Ramrod (via GrageK)
- Page McConnell will be performing on WDST at 5 pm today
- Neddy looks back at an epic Gov’t Mule show that took place 5 years ago
- !!! expands their spring/summer tour
- Eddie Van Halen will make his first post-rehab public appearance at a NASCAR race
- More details on The Police’s plan to play a free show in Havana
- Eric Clapton, the surviving members of Led Zeppelin, Mick Jagger, and many other legends will attend the memorial service for Ahmet Ertegun
- The lineup for Goodstock is bad
- Scott Baston will be leaving Moonshine Still
- Tool announces their revised touring plans
On the community activism front, Melissa Smith was devastated when three jamband fans were shot and robbed on their way home from a Zilla concert in Denver on March 25th. Smith decided to do something about it and has started JAM 4 LIFE with Cervantes’ owner Jay Bianchi in the hopes of covering medical expenses for the three victims. This weekend Cervantes will host the JAM 4 LIFE benefit concerts featuring Zilla, Harmonious Junk, AAA, and many other bands. If you’re in the Denver area, please support this most worthy cause.