After a thirty-plus year hiatus from touring and recording the influential Brazilian-psychedelic band Os Mutantes will return to the road this fall to tour behind their first album of new material since 1974’s Tudo Foi Feito Pelo Sol. The band, who will release their Anti Records debut Haih Or Amortecedor on September 8, has penciled in a couple of festivals appearances this summer, including a stop at Outside Lands, before heading out across the country for a full slate of headlining shows.
If a night of Brazilian psychedelic music isn’t for you, than maybe you’ll be interested in hitting one of these recently announced tours…
- Ray LaMontagne puts together a string of solo acoustic shows
- Jam-grass act YMSB to stay busy deep into the fall
- Southern sludge rockers Dead Confederate head out
- Yo La Tengo lines up a massive 42-date world tour
- Singer-songwriter Arlo Guthrie has plans well into mid-2010
- Leonard Cohen announces more dates, including a stop at MSG
Finally, Warp Records, home to acts likes Grizzly Bear, !!!, Battles and Aphex Twin, will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a string of shows throughout New York City this fall from September 3 – 6 at a variety of venues around the city. At press time, the label has only confirmed two shows as part of their celebration, with one taking place at the cavernous Terminal 5 on Sept. 4 featuring Battles, !!!, Prefuse 73 and Pivote. The second will be a free show at World Financial Center Winter Garden the following night.