In a collaboration with Bandwdth Publishing, acclaimed photographer Danny Clinch has released “Discovery Inn,” an new interactive iPad app that offers users a private tour of one of the most influential periods in music through iconic images, narrated stories and a view into the artists process. The $2.99 app features photographs of some of the most famous artists in music history including Radiohead, Tupac Shakur, Johnny Cash, Eddie Vedder, Phish, Chuck D, Metallica, Beastie Boys and more, along with unreleased music from Blind Melon and a virtual tour of Danny Clinch’s camera collection.
“The ten years covered in this collection, from 1988 to 1998, witnessed two genuine musical revolutions. Hip-hop rose up from the streets to take over pop music, and the movement that came to be known as ‘alternative rock’ seized control of the guitar-based universe. And Danny Clinch was dead-center for both of these uprisings, documenting them for eternity.” – Alan Light, music critic, former editor-in-chief of Spin and co-founder of Vibe Magazine.
"I never imagined when I put together the book for Discovery Inn that there would come a moment in the future where the images, stories and cameras I used would turn into an interactive experience. This is an opportunity for me to share the unique and never before seen outtakes, contact sheets, polaroids and stories that shaped this time of my life and era of music. It takes the book to a whole new level.” – Danny Clinch
“Discovery Inn” includes:
* – 93 photos of some of the most famous artists of music history
* – Audio commentary from photographer Danny Clinch
* – Artist profiles and recommended songs
* – 26 Polaroids from Danny Clinch’s personal photo collection
* – Contact sheets from many of the Discovery Inn shoots
* – A virtual tour of Danny Clinch’s camera collection
* – 2 unreleased tracks by Blind Melon
* – 2 unreleased tracks by Brad Smith / Abandon Jalopy