Earlier today the trailer for a new movie called Inside Llewyn Davis came out. This film was created by the Coen Brothers and tells the tale of a fictional folk singer from the Greenwich Village scene which stars Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan, Justin Timberlake and John Goodman. According to Rolling Stone, the film is loosely based on the life of Dave Van Ronk. No release date has been set yet.
Here’s the trailer featuring a Bob Dylan soundtrack…
In other news, here’s a batch of fresh links hot out of the HT oven…
- List Time: 10 Essential Albums for Starting a Jazz Collection
- Paul Dano to play a young Brian Wilson in the upcoming biopic Love and Mercy
- Cover Alert: Anthrax tackles Rush
- Vampire Weekend to release their third studio album on May 7
- Download This: Chuck Berry – The Fillmore – 1967-03-19
- The out-of-left field pairing of Elvis Costello and The Roots have recorded an album
Finally, as we previously reported, on April 18 the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame will hold its 28th induction ceremony at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live, where they will honor their 2013 class of Rush, Public Enemy, Heart, Donna Summer, Albert King, Quincy Jones, Lou Adler and Randy Newman. Yesterday the Rock Hall revealed the first round of presenters and performers that will honor this year’s inductees, which included Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins of the Foo Fighters inducting prog-rockers Rush, John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr. teaming up to honor blues-legend Albert King and Don Henley (The Eagles) who will induct singer-songwriter Randy Newman. The ceremonies will be aired on HBO on Saturday, May 18 at 9 PM EST.