I’m only at about 40 percent today following a fun weekend in Boston and my watching the Super Bowl last night. The first set was fun, but the real highlight was Prince’s guitar playing on a terrific medley that finished with a rousing performance of Purple Rain during a downpour.
I wish today was a national holiday, but at least I can share some interesting news and videos from around Al Gore’s Internet:
- Where are the video game stars of the ’80s?
- A video of Phish playing Destiny Unbound in 1991(via Pipe)
- The Roots and Lupe Fiasco are heading out on tour
- David Lee Roth is officially back in Van Halen
- Tea Leaf Green announces their spring tour
- Rod Stewart and the Faces lip sync through a version of Maggie May
- Neddy lists the NYC shows of the week
- The Greyboy Allstars are playing a few dates in March and May
- Conan O’Brien hosts The Slip tonight (via LMB)
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah are touring for three weeks in April
- I’m very excited to see New Monsoon at Langerado
- A new edition of the Taper’s Section from the Grateful Dead
- Stylus analyzes Paul McCartney’s Take It Away
- eJamming allows you to jam with your friends over the web
Have you read any interesting articles that I’ve missed? Kick it down, so we can all get down. And welcome back, Ace — I’m exhausted.
TLG and Greyboy announcing tour dates in the same post…what a great edition of Hors today.
Here, Here. That TLG tour looks strong to quite strong. My only gripe is no Greyboy late night at Langerado. Only one act on Sunday night, C’MON!
I’m all over The Tea Leaf Green like Rex Grossman’s semen on a Playmate’s chest (What? Too much?).
By the way, I LOVE adding errant “The”s before band names. Bill Graham was a big fan (big fan) of doing this. “Ladies and gentlemen…The Jefferson Airplane” or “Please welcome…The Quicksilver Messenger Service.” I also enjoy – to a lesser extent – taking away “The”s from band names. “I love Killers”, I’d say. Or “You like guitarists who look like Edward Scissorhands, too? You should check out White Stripes.”