Since every blogger and their mother is at SXSW covering 3,000 bands you’ve never heard of, we figured we’d give you a SXSW-free edition of Hors:
- How a band can reach that fellate-able level
- Don’t Wakarusa Langerado!
- Gilberto Gil gets back to North America after an eight-year hiatus (Ace will be there tomorrow night at Carnegie Hall)
- Friday night KVMW (Kimock, Vega, Molo, and White) played their first gig, and it’s already available for purchase from nugs.net
- Ozzfest posts tour dates for this summer’s “free” tour — still no lineup
- Here Comes The Flood looks at covers of Pink Floyd’s Interstellar Overdrive
- moe. has finally started making recent shows available for download
- The return of the Fish
- MoonShine Still is beginning a coast to coast tour this week
- Does Everyday Companion’s Ted Rockwell ever sleep? Here is yet another edition of EC’s podcast
- Sonic Youth will be playing 1988’s Daydream Nation in its entirety this summer
- George Weiss’ My Morning Jacket photos from Langerado hit Papa Glide
- A new edition of Concerted
- Start the week with some live Zeppelin
I also saw the Levon Helm Band this weekend and everyone in the balcony around me was sitting. Do you usually sit or stand and dance at a concert?