Jo Jo left his home in Tucson, Arizona for some California grass
This clip from the Sgt. Pepper’s movie has been floating around the intertubes for quite a while, and nobody’s ever taken the time to truly sync the audio with the video. But it’s still a trip to watch, a trip to see Frampton with hair, and a trip to believe Billy Preston as some sort of mythical fairy. So even though this one’s not very new and exciting, really, when’s the last time you saw a black guy with a trumpet dressed in all gold? If you want better, here’s the rooftop version.
- An unknown-to-me YouTube user named JoeMad84 has in the past two weeks generously uploaded a handful of God Street Wine tunes from the Wetlands in ’99. Some audio problems exist, but if you’re like me and really jonesin’ for a GSW reunion, these badboys will do you just right — check out this bitchin’ Nightingale and pretend you don’t love GSW.
- With the Allmans taking up near-permanent residency at the Beacon, let’s watch the epic Dazed & Confused they dropped at this year’s 3/24 show.
- HT Loyalist/New Roommate Nodnoc sent me this clip last night, a weird but strangely humorous take on My Humps by Alanis Morissette.
- Comin’ atcha with two artists I’ve always lumped together vocally, despite their physical appearances: Billy Ocean and Rick Astley. Let’s look in on live, awesome versions of Caribbean Queen and Never Gonna Give You Up.
- Fresh Young Balki B Video — um, seriously?
- I’m gonna let Scotty take this one: “The Black Crowes play Wiser Time at the Glastonbury Festival in England on June 23rd, 1995. This early version shows off the handiwork of Marc Ford and the melancholy harmonies of the brothers Robinson. Both guitar players let it rip at the same time during the melty closing jam. Also of note is the addition of an unidentified percussion player lending yet another layer to the mix.”
Get back to where you once belonged? I thought you belonged to the city…
Best Leaf of Fall Ever
“Your mama’s waiting for ya, with her high-heeled shows and her low-neck sweata.”
Crazy Canadian women
Thanks for the GSW. Now I got a tune going thru my head and it won’t go away. Must be Carribean Queen. By the way, is the first line of CQ “She rushed by me and blamed it on jeans”? I need a ruling on this one.
Haven’t heard that Rick Astley song since I was in 3rd grade. Awesome!