Reports from the Dust Bowl that is Bonnaroo came fast and furious this weekend, and we posted as much as we could without actually, you know, being there. Our Man in Manchester braved the Tennessee heat and fired off a series of quality communiqués for your vicarious pleasure: Make sure to check out the three full-day overviews from TJ: Thursday (Day One), Friday (Day Two), Saturday (Day Three).
We anxiously await the last installment, complete with fawning imagery of Mavis Staples, Wilco, Widespread Panic and the White Stripes. Until then, let’s take a look back at the Non-‘Roo Week That Was here at Hidden Track…
- There’s still time to win some cool Pearl Jam shit
- In the beginning, God created the reunion: Genesis returns
- Sharon Jones strutted and screamed with Booker T & the MGs
- Where’s the Merch Igloo? Live Earth confirms Antarctica
- And Farm Aid confirms Randall’s Island, as we reported first (eat it)
- Akron/Family played nice with the Bowery Ballroom crowd
- Who got tickets to the new, intimate Beastie Boys shows?
- Don’t forget to neglect the videos in the Pullin’ ‘Tubes archive
To all the fathers out there, we hope you had a nice, unusually sane day…