In the interest of providing some quality filler for youse this morning, we’ve scoured the SugarMegs archive for as many shows celebrating anniversaries today as we could find. So check the list below (and, also, check yourself before you wreck yourself) and see what strikes your fancy, then go ahead and stream the ever-loving shit out of it. There’s something for everyone, unless you’re deaf.
- Crosby, Stills, Nash, Young — 6/28/70 — Los Angeles, California
- Donovan — 6/28/70 — Bath Festival
- Grateful Dead — 6/28/76 — Chicago, Illinois
- Lowell George — 6/28/79 — Washington DC
- The Phish from Vermont — 6/28/95 — Jones Beach, NY
- The Black Crowes — 6/28/98 — Seabright, New Jersey
- My Morning Jacket — 6/28/05 — Montreal, Quebec
- Leo Kottke/Mike Gordon — 6/28/05 — Tempe, Arizona
- Mark Knopfler/Emmylou Harris — 6/28/06 — Universal City, CA
- GRAB Quartet — 6/28/06 — Raleigh, North Carolina
That Phish show linked here was my first show…dang, weird to think it’s been 12 years since the first time I laid eyes and ears on those goofy bastards.