I thought of a great band name this weekend: Ethnic Cleanser. If you’re an aspiring band, go ahead and steal it. I’m totally cool with that.
On a separate note, the 10KLF Ticket Giveaway is officially closed and the winners have been notified. We’d like to Special Olympics this contest and give everyone a pair of tickets and a small faux chalice, but unfortunately I’ve only got so many ducats to dole out (How cool is it to use “Special Olympics” as a verb?). Thanks for entering, and hopefully we can continue to will away free shiite more often. Stay tuned, and congratulations to Joco and Andy for snagging free entry to a well-run festival.
Now let’s turn our attention to a sample of The Week That Was here…
- U.S. Blues: We celebrated July 4th, minus the patriotism
- Prepare to geek out — Rock Band is coming, and it looks swell
- The Bad Plus ain’t even your older brother’s jazz
- Wait, people actually cover Bob Dylan’s material?
- Steve Jobs should really just have Universal Music’s CEO killed
- We love bad music, and Natalie Cole certainly qualifies
- Stormy Mondays brought us Warren Haynes conquering the British
- And the Pullin’ ‘ Tubes video archive continues to expand
We hope you enjoyed the UB40 performance at Live Earth as much as us…