We’re pleased to report that the news of Deer Creek’s demise has been greatly exaggerated. Live Nation has decided to keep the venue after nine unfruitful months on the open market without any worthy offers. Hopefully my kids, my kid’s kids, and all our illegitimate kids will be buying veggie burritos and the phattiest of phatty garlic grilled cheeses in that lot for decades to come.
- The Wu-Tang Clan have recorded their own version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps, which features Dhani Harrison on acoustic guitar
- Pitchfork examines Band of Horses’ jamband roots [via greenhauseffect]
- Violent Femmes lawsuit: Brian Ritchie is suing Gordon Gano over a Wendy’s commercial
- Rolling Stone talks to Bruce Springsteen’s manager about the Boss’s new album
- More info on Terminal 5, NYC’s newest venue
- Salon looks at how Guitar Hero saved guitar music
- Bedazzled! presents a video of Tom Waits on Fernwood 2nite
- You’ll never guess what song Kevin Arnold sings to his son every night?
- Catching up with the babies that were featured on famous album covers
- The Rock The Bells tour stop in Sacramento has been cancelled due to slow ticket sales [via dailyswarm]
- Adrian Belew shares a crazy anecdote about his first days on Zappa tour
- Have we seen the end of McCarren Park Pool as a concert venue?
- Hits From The Blog lays out the Halloween options for NYCers
- Both Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven will be on the road this fall
- The owner of allofmp3.com is off the hook for breaching copyright laws
- Matisyahu is having second thoughts about the Lubavitch sect
- Galactic will tour with Boots Riley, Chail 2NA and Lifesavas in October
That’s all we got. If we missed any worthy stories, leave us a comment below…