Our corporate papa Glide Magazine is giving away a pair of tickets to the inaugural Echo Project in Atlanta on October 12th – 14th. It’s comforting to see a festival that isn’t scared to book pretty much all of the big-time jambands as part of a well-rounded rock lineup. Phil Lesh leads a stellar roster that includes The Flaming Lips and Les Claypool among the many artists that give the festie some variety. So check out that first link and score yourself some free ducats.
- Blind Melon announces their first tour since the death of Shannon Hoon
- What Deaner Was Talkin’ About: Dean Ween speaks
- Genesis’ North American tour (that begins tonight) will be the last
- Amy Winehouse talks shit about rehab
- Bob Dylan is about to be the most overexposed man in music
- Ky-Mani Marley will open Van Halen’s tour
- Roger Daltrey has some harsh words for Pete Doherty
- Los Lobos will join John Mellencamp’s tour of the heartland
- Bruce Springsteen tickets haven’t even gone on sale yet, but they are already fetching huge premiums from brokers
- Bjork adds tour dates to her schedule and prepares a live(ish) album
- A.V. Club lists 15 Masters of Onstage Banter [via Mintz]
It’s been a whirlwind four-day post-Labor Day week for us, so let us all share in the shit we missed by leaving a comment below…you’ll feel better about things.