It’s time to fire up the Random Jamband Festival Lineup Generator once again: Umphrey’s McGee, Little Feat, Perpetual Groove and Rose Hill Drive have been tabbed to headline the Bear Creek Music Festival in Quincy, Florida on the weekend of November 16th – 18th. Tickets are on sale now for $70, but will increase to $85 this Sunday. This is great news, because I just saying to Ace, “You know what we need many more of? Festivals!” At this rate, within two years every weekend on the calendar will have a giant throwdown somewhere.
- Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips would rather work with big corporations instead of against them [ed. note: don’t most of ’em?]
- Cracked lists the 12 Most Ridiculous Similes in Music History
- The Police add more US dates, including their fourth gig at MSG
- Drug Rug gets the Band of the Day treatment [via Largehearted Boy]
- The Fab Faux are prepared to drop their version of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band at the Beacon on Saturday night
- Neddy lists the shows of the next two weeks
- The Beasties rocked the Isle of Wight at the Bestival
- Coldplay is betting on quality over quantity with the release of their new Latin-sounding album
- Stylus reviews four decades of Neil Young covers
- The Dap-Kings are featured as the backing band in the video for Mark Ronson’s remix of Most Likely You’ll Go Your Way (And I’ll Go Mine)
If we missed anything you deem oh-so-newsworthy, fee free to give us a shout by leaving a comment below…it’s considered cool to leave comments.