We got a well needed chuckle this afternoon at these witty LOL-Cats pictures of Kurt Cobain singing on MTV Unplugged — we always thought there was something hilarious about Cobain’s always-intense gazes. And if you haven’t pre-purchased a copy of the new Unplugged DVD, be sure to enter our giveaway, so you can come up with your own funny (and perhaps darker) captions.
- Thom Yorke said no when Paul McCartney asked him to record a duet
- Have you ever seen 250,000 faces melted simultaneously?
- Levon Helm sits in on indie band Ida’s new album
- Speaking of strike-busters Duran Duran moved their concerts from the Ethel Barrymore Theatre to the Roseland in order to avoid striking stagehands
- Gibson unveils pictures of the self-tuning Les Paul
- Van Halen announces more early 2008 tour dates
- R.I.P: 28-year-old Nicholas Phillips on Friday night died of a drug overdose at a usual HT haunt, the Knitting Factory
- Brian Heisler on Umphrey’s McGee’s Night at the Terratorium Halloween concert
- Nutsie provides an official music playlist of all the songs used in Rock Band
- A.V. Club lists 21 good albums that would have made great EPs
Finally, Jesse Jarnow caught our attention last week when he told us about the incredible shot-by-shot re-creation of Raiders of the Lost Ark that recently hit small arthouses across the country. Double J found a torrent of it, and he shares his thoughts (and the torrent file) with us. It also plays in New York tomorrow night.