Two of our favorite blogs got in a bit of a catfight after My Bloody Valentine announced they are reforming to play three gigs in the UK. Idolator started the fray by taking a swipe at TDS in August after The Swarm used links to message board posts as proof of a pending My Bloody Valentine reunion. The Daily Swarm wasted no time with the “I Told Ya So” today by reminding readers of Idolator’s distrustful post only ten minutes after the shows were confirmed.
Idolator responded by bashing The Daily Swarm for being a shill/front for a buncha publicity firms among others. It was totally like an episode of The Hills. We’ve given those blogs enough attention for now, so let’s check out a few others:
- Kudos to Band of Horses for turning down Wal-Mart
- Philly Festival?: Live Nation and C3 Promotions square off
- The Police win Billboard Tour of the Year
- Rolling Stone chooses Liam Finn as an artist to watch in 2008
- Does anyone doubt Led Zeppelin will play more shows?
- Largehearted Boy has already started compiling 2007 Year-End Online Music Lists
- Andy Gadiel addresses the community about Ben Chambers’ departure from TLG
- Rock Music Daily devotes Mule Mondays to Grace Potter
- Toubab Krewe announces a four night New Years’ run
Finally, Paul McCartney tells Billboard that The Beatles are finally going digital next year. We’ve heard that one before.