You’d be hard-pressed to find many people who know more about the music of the late Elliott Smith than Dave of The Rawking Refuses to Stop. Now Dave’s done us all a great service by compiling the best of Smith’s unreleased material. Part one of the collection focuses on songs Elliot played live but never recorded — so if you’re an Elliott Smith fan, make sure to check out what Dave’s put together.
- Robert Plant mixes solo material with classic Zep in Amsterdam in 1993
- Brian Wilson tears through Pet Sounds at 2005’s Roskilde Festival
- Check out Feist from before she was the chick from the Apple commercial
- The Music-hole is back with another megapost featuring Black Sabbath, The Police, Blondie, Elvis and more…
- Bands That Jam brings us the latest from the Brain Damaged Eggmen
- NYCTaper shares his recording of Mission of Burma from Williamsburg
- Jesse Jarnow’s latest Frow Show podcast contains tracks by Cornelius, Sinatra, Sam Champion and others
- My Jazz World hips us to a collection of Wes Montgomery classics
And Smuggled Sounds unearths a killer Beck show from 1996 with material from Odelay and Mellow Gold. The funky Debra alone is worth the download.