Some 10 or 11 hours from now we’ll find out whether the New England Patriots celebrate as the first 19-0 team in professional football or whether they’ve blown a golden opportunity to run the table and be immortalized as the best team ever. But one thing is for certain: New England is a terrible place that should secede from the Union and never bother me again. Boooo New England.
Hey, I’m only kidding — some of my best friends are from New England! So while you decipher whether or not I’m just joking, here’s the week that was at Hidden Track…
- Barack Obama reunites the Grateful Dead — but can he raise Jerry?
- The Dolans do something right: Allman Brothers will stay at Beacon
- Forget Manhattan: Paul Simon Takes Brooklyn (with Byrne et al)
- Two great Photo Buckets for you: Phil & Friends’ Mardi Gras and RAQ
- Some Dude’s Better Than Noodling updates us on Vampire Weekend
- Story of the Ghosts plays Who’s Bastard Is It? when looking at prodigies
- The B List looks at the best-ever halftime shows at the Super Bowl
- And don’t forget to milk your iPod’s prostate with these downloads: Grousing The Aisles, MP3 Boot Camp, Stormy Mondays and the Friday Mix Tape
And don’t forget to check out Rodrigo y Gabriela on ESPN some time today…