It’s not much of a secret that a healthy number of musicians are pulling for a certain Junior Senator from Illinois to get the Democratic Presidential nomination. As the continuing primary slug fest enters another week, we get a couple more concert/rallies in support of Barrack Obama. This time Arcade Fire and Chapel Hill’s own Superchunk will team up for a pair of shows in Greensboro and Carrboro, North Carolina, on May 1 and 2. Tickets are being distributed on a first come, first serve basis at some of the locations listed in this article.
The Obama campaign is also making a statewide push to encourage voters to take advantage of North Carolina’s first-ever One Stop Early Voting process, which allows voters who are not registered or who have never voted before to register and vote at the same place, on the same day, all at once. So make sure you go and exercise your right as an American. And that’s one to grow on.
If Rockin’ The Vote ain’t you thing, then maybe one of these tours will be for you:
- Here’s one for Ace: Silver Jews announce a European tour (begins: 05/07)
- Despite calling Phish “God-awful” in the latest issue of Spin, we still think you should go see the Black Keys (begins: 05/12)
- Los Lonely Boys and Los Lobos team up for the Brotherhood Tour (begins: 07/12)
- Get your lighters ready for Sister Christian, as Night Ranger celebrates their 25th anniversary (begins: 05/11)
- Dead Confederate bring their sludge-tastic rock to a town near you (begins: 05/23)
- Boy George will be playing his Culture Club hits and beyond (begins: 07/10)
- Indie-popsters Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin are playing small clubs over the next month (begins: 04/25)
Finally, Ozzy Osbourne has ditched the touring metal-fest that carried his moniker if favor of reviving the single day Monsters Of Rock festival that was staple for over fifteen years. The all day fest will take place at the McMahon Stadium in Calgary on July 26th and will feature the likes of Judas Priest, Serj Tankian, Hatebreed, Shadows Fall and of course the Prince of Darkness himself.