The Police delivered a tight, action-packed 90 minutes of rock last night at Jones Beach, where they played their penultimate gig. Stewart, Sting and Andy treated the fans to a spectacular encore that started with the first cover of the tour, Purple Haze. After a jammed packed So Lonely the boys played part of the traditional tune Been Down So Long before ending the show with Next To You.
One of music’s greatest trios ends their lucrative reunion tour tomorrow night with a fund raiser for Public Television at New York City’s Madison Square Garden.
- Word built a cool atlas to show where iconic album covers were shot
- 2009’s Woodstock Director’s Cut contains an hour of unreleased music
- Rock Art Wednesday takes a look at Todd Slater’s Ween poster art
- Saxophonist Jeff Coffin finally gets credit as a full-on triple threat
- David Byrne discusses the new track he’s made available to fans for free
- We suggest you buy, but you can stream Apollo Sunshine’s new disc
Finally, the guys at The Weight have had enough of concertwreckers shouting obnoxious shit during shows, and we couldn’t agree more. FREEBIIIIIIRD!