Terry Bozzio got four other former Zappa drummers to speak with him about their experiences playing behind FZ for a seven-part video series over at the Drum Channel. Bozzio’s joined by fellow former Zappa drummers, Chester Thompson, Ralph Humphrey, Chad Wackerman, and Ruth Underwood for this intriguing roundtable. You can watch the first episode now.
Let’s see what else is goin’ on this afternoon…
- The New York Times looks at Neil Young’s Linc Volt
- Jeff Schroeder of the Smashing Pumpkins will blog
- Montclair’s Wellmont Theater Reopens to a Rock Beat
- Is Chris Cornell set join Led Zeppelin as the lead singer?
- Earvolution reviews the Black Crowes Hammerstein run
- List Time: 20 Most Wanted Beatles Songs For Rock Band
Before we go, the LA Times has a terrific piece about the catfight going on between Wilco and Plexifilm over the Blu-Ray release of 2002’s I Am Trying to Break Your Heart. The band argues that fans don’t have much to gain by buying the twice-as-expensive Blu-Ray release of the documentary, while Gary Hustwit of Plexifilm maintains that the quality of the High Definition print is worth the extra cash. Plexifilm has decided to postpone the release of the Blu-ray version of the film until they work out a deal with Wilco.