If you were like me, one of the first thoughts you had during President-elect Barack Obama’s speech to the masses at Chicago’s Grant Park on Tuesday night was how cool it was that he was acknowledging his victory at the home of Lollapalooza. It turns out C3 Productions, the same folks who produce Lollapalooza, staged the election night bash.
Lollapalooza won’t be returning to its roots as a traveling festival anytime soon thanks to a 10 year deal struck between C3 and the city of Chicago. The festival turned into a nice revenue stream for the city, bringing in over $1.6 million this summer. Be sure to read Jim DeRogatis’ article for more.
Let’s end the week with one final link dump for good measure…
- List Time: 9 Most Inappropriate Soundtrack Choices
- Live Nation tripled its large profits in the third quarter
- The Boston Globe calls AC/DC the best band of all-time
- Jeff Tweedy to perform solo at the Ann Arbor Folk Fest
- A group of hackers helps Rick Astley steal a rare victory
- Preview Jon Fishman of Phish’s tour with Marco Benevento