Say what you will about the classic-rock cribbing Kid Rock, but the one-time Phish collaborator will indirectly be responsible for creating 400 new jobs in his home state of Michigan. The Michigan Brewery announced yesterday that they had been granted a state tax credit to produce a new line of craft beer for the musician, who came up with the idea. The brewery is expecting their new Kid Rock branded beer to hit shelves by mid-springtime. The beer’s name, style and pricing are yet to be decided.
- List Time: 11 Best Free Album Downloads
- U2 to play week long residency on the Late Show
- Cover Alert: My Chemical Romance tackles Bob Dylan
- New York Times profiles alt.country chanteuse Neko Case
- The Strokes begin work on their next album
- Forgotten Favorites features the International Submarine Band
Finally, in what may be one of the odder “super-groups” of all-time former Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha, Cheap Trick drummer Bun E. Carlos, Hanson keyboardist Taylor Hanson and Fountains Of Wayne bassist Adam Schlesinger have formed a band together called Tinted Windows. The group will make their live debut at Billboard’s SXSW Showcase and have already recorded their debut album, which will hit shelves on April 21.